Explore India Exceptionally with the Best Railway Routes
Travelling to India on Indian Railways can be a life changing experience for anyone, especially, to those of my fellow travelling freak, who love to enjoy the nature from close. In India, there are many reliable and genuine travel agencies, who can help you enjoy an entirely hassle free railway trip to India at the best possible prices. Hiring one of these travel agents would allow you to see and experience the different facets of India very closely. Moreover, being close to the country, they can better advise you and guide you to visit the ordinary, yet special places also that is spread across the different cities of the country.
India has a lot to offer you, the country has many greeny villages, silent beaches, busy towns, beautiful landscapes, chilly hill stations and much more. You can also understand it as a magical land that hides something unique, beautiful and alluring in each corner of its land. This is why, the count of the visitors to India is increasing almost every year. Besides the attractions and the places, the people in the country are very warm and they reflect the real way of life spent in the country. You should definitely plan a travel to one of the India villages to enjoy the great charm and deep flavours that they have.
Travel on Indian Railways
If you are looking for ways to explore the natural beauty of India then pick the India tourist attractions packages available through railways. Indian Railways can help you easily reach the various major attractions in India, both in villages as well as the town destinations. Or, you can also log on to the online official portal of the department. There you can submit your irctc train enquiry and wait for them to generate replies to you. The irctc website is constructed to provide the travellers each and every respective information they are looking forward to fetch, and this portal is a brilliant way to instantly check pnr status .
Beautiful Train Routes in India
Indian Railways make the backbone of the country and they make an important source of travelling for the daily commuters all over India. Here below, we have mentioned some of the very beautiful train routes around the country that should not be missed at any cost while you plan your trip to this land of railway lines.
- Kashmir Valley Railway Line: Almost every one of us, has either heard or read about the scenic beauty of Jammu and Kashmir, right? The Kashmir Valley Railway line starts from Jammu and runs through Udhampur, Srinagar and Baramulla. It is popular as one of the most beautiful railway lines in India. This railway stretch has 20 tunnels and it passes through 100 bridges over the young Himalayas. Moreover, the tallest Indian railway bridge, which is presently under construction, would also make a part of this railway line. Called as on of the most challenging railway projects of the Indian rail system, the Kashmir Railway Line covers a long distance crossing the major earthquake zones and high altitude mountains and terrains in the extreme cold temperatures.
- Konkan Railway Line: It is again an interesting railway journey to experience. This line starts from Ratnagiri and ends in Mangalore, passing through Madgaon and Honnavar in between. This route allows the passengers to enjoy an amazing natural beauty of the majestic and magnificent Sahyadri mountain range. Your train will go through many curves, lakes, river bridges and other water bodies too, on this track.
- Kalka-Shimla Toy Train: As the name says, this train route runs between Kalka and Shimla and crosses Kandaghaat in between. This toy train passes through 107 tunnels on its routes and it runs over 864 bridges that are flattened to provide this route an amazing picturesque beauty of the Himalayas and the mountain curves. Also, SHimla is one of the highest railway stations in India.
- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Line: From New Jalpaiguri to Ghum and then finally Darjeeling, is the route of this train. Do you know that the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is also counted among the top five Mountain Railways of India World Heritage Sites? Yes, it is true. This railway line offers a very beautiful and amazing journey throughout the mountains. Ghum railway station on the Darjeeling rail line is India’s highest railway station.
- Coastal Kerala: This rail route starts from Ernakulam and its second stop is Kollam and then the final destination i.e. Trivandrum. This railway track will mesmerize you when it passes through the long Arabian Sea coastline of Kerala. On this train, you can enjoy an exotic view of the surrounding area, an amazing coconut trees line, the refreshing green paddy fields and the beautiful water channels over the enchanting backwaters.
- Aroma of Assam: This rail route starts from Guwahati, reaches Lumding and finally Silchar providing the travellers a great chance of enjoying the real flavours of Assam. Rather, you will be lost on this train journey once it starts passing through the lush greenery, river valleys and wide tea gardens. This Assam Railways route is also known as India’s most dangerous stretch of railway.
- Araku Valley Railway Line: The railway route to Araku Valley is also called an adventurous ride because this route crosses through the majestic Eastern Ghats and the coffee plantations via the highest Broad gauge railway station of Shimiliguda. In Araku Valley, you can see a ravishing scenic beauty and many inhabited tribes.
The list is obviously very long, but we have skipped the train routes like Koraput-Rayagada, Neral-Matheran, Agra-Gwalior, Karjat-Lonavala, Pune-Satara, Jewel of Thar desert i.e. Jaipur-Jaisalmer, Mettupalayam-Ooty, Mandapam-Rameswaram, and Junagarh-Delvada, etc., which would have extended this list to even longer than where is stands out presently.
Suggestions: If you are hiring a travel agent, be specific about your details. When he provides you itinerary, please note down the pnr number somewhere secured. With the help of this number, you can anytime fetch any Indian railway pnr details about your travelling from the online services of Indian Railways, be it regarding the train pnr status or irctc pnr status. Their irctc services are available from 1.30 am — 23.30 pm.